Disclaimer: I was provided media passes to this event in exchange for a blog post. All opinions are my own.
The blog angels were smiling on us this year because Blog Paws, the premier pet bloggers conference, was being held in Myrtle Beach this year! It would be our first conference as bloggers and we were blessed to score media passes. (Thank you Carol Bryant from Fidose of Reality, you and Dex are the best!)
I had no clue what to expect from a blogger conference but went in counting my blessing and planning to make the most of my experience. Are you a pet blogger? Do you work in the pet industry? Do you just love pets? then a Blog Paws conference is for you! Read on for 8 reasons why you should attend a Blog Paws conference.
- The Swag! – Blog Paws attendees get these incredible swag bags filled with tons of goodies for your fur babies. You get to pick from cat, dog, or a mixed bag. My bag was filled to overflowing with treats and toys. Scout and MIA thought it was Christmas when I got home.
- The Food – This year’s event was held at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. The price of the conference includes most of your meals, which is an incredible deal. It and the swag bag alone are worth the price of admission. The breakfasts were my favorite. They had these mini scones that were to die for. There was also fresh fruit and hot items like oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, etc. Lunches were nice as well, served buffet style and they had vegetarian options. They also featured some local cuisine, like a shrimp and grits bar at one of the dinners. You even get some complementary drink tickets!
- Starbucks – This year’s conference included complementary Starbucks! I was in heaven.
- Pay It Forward! – Yes, Blog Paws is good for the environment! They practice sustainability by having a 0% waste goal. The Blog Paws team works with all of their vendors to make sure everything is recyclable, reusable, or compostable. I love this goal and think this shows what an incredible organization Blog Paws is. They also held a Hero’s Breakfast sponsored by Merrick to tell us all about K9s for Warriors, service dogs for Vets with PTSD and other ailments. We even got to see the preview of the new Megan Leavy movie before anyone else!
- You Improve Your Craft – Everyday they hold multiple courses and speakers all designed to help you be a better blogger. Need to learn SEO? How about social media? Maybe, you want to sell your own product. They cover all this and more. I learned much from their awesome courses and speakers. Kim Merritt Butler with Good Dog in a Box really helped me with her email marketing class. The keynote speakers Kathleen Gage and Jay Baer were incredible! Two of the best speakers I’ve ever had the pleasure to hear. I can’t wait to see who they line up for next year.
- The Vendors – There were so many vendors! I didn’t even have time to get to them all. You get even more swag from the vendors. This is the best place for networking with businesses. You get to meet them face to face, and they can see your personality shine. It’s the thing I like best about blogging. It’s not a commercial, it’s real life. I love the personal aspect of it. Everyone was so nice and they had some amazing products. Most of them are also small businesses, and made in the USA, which we fully support.
- The Networking – You get to spend 3-4 days with like minded pet lovers and bloggers. Networking online though your Facebook groups and tribes is awesome but I love the face to face. There are people from all over the pet industry here, from bloggers to veterinarians. Newbies like me can mix and talk to the veterans to build lasting friendships and gain invaluable knowledge. I am such an extrovert and love meeting people so this type of even was made for me. There were plenty of introverts there too! Just sit down and talk. The easiest way to open the conversation is to ask if they’re a blogger then let it flow from there. Make sure you bring plenty of business cards!
- The Paws – So we wouldn’t all be here if we didn’t love animals. The best part of Blog Paws is you can bring your pets with you! They can stay with you all day if you’d like. They also have dog parks, cat lounges, and cuddle rooms if they (or you) to a little down time. It all finishes up with the red carpet even and awards show! Come out and strut yours and your fur baby’s stuff. Everyone dresses up in their best. Then you get to watch the Oscars style awards show. It is so much fun and has to be one of the most unique conferences anywhere.
So there are our 8 reasons why you need to attend a Blog Paws conference. Next year is in Kansas City, MO and tickets are on sale now. Get them early to get a great discount. How can you beat 3 days of furry cuddles and kisses?
There will be a couple more posts from this event coming so stay tuned!
Have you been to any blogging conferences? We’d love to know which ones and what your experience was.
If you enjoyed this post, here are some more you may like!
Please share with your friends!